Tuesday 31 May 2011

Day 6 - Anyone for pool?

It's been a hectic 5 days (and seems so much longer) so today we decided to have a relaxing chilled one and hang around the Bellagio pool.
  
I say pool but there's actually probably about five of them of different shapes and sizes set amongst a lush green garden.  The poshest bit is a roped off pool where the rich and famous and celebs hang - I kept having a nose but I didn't recognise anyone, just a bunch of wannabees!  It surprises me that we always seem to be on the go even with our lives at home but I find it so easy to switch off and forget it all when I'm sitting in the sunshine!  The temperature is hot but not overbearing at a lovely 30 degrees which keeps Oli and his freckly skin happy :)

We had a late lunch at the pool cafe, choosing the healthy option of a salad each.  If only Oli hadn't had the whole jug of blue cheese dressing on his!

After a couple more hours round the pool and a quick dip, we figured it was time to get off our bums and go see some Vegas!  In the evening we walked past four or five hotels (doesn't sound a lot but it took 25 minutes!) to get to the New York New York hotel.  This hotel's structure boasts a replica New York skyline complete with a Statue of Liberty.  If this wasn't enough what makes this hotel stand out even more is the giant loop-the-loop rollercoaster weaving its way around the outside of the buildings.  We didn't manage to go on the ride last time we were here but this time around we made it a priority!  It was 8.30pm and there was hardly a queue.  As we took our seats on the carriage I wanted to change my mind -  I'm two years older than the last time we were here but clearly not two years wiser!  Before I knew it it was over and I wanted to ride it again, not at $14 per person though! 
Oli likes this
Lulu likes this
 
 
We walked along the strip for a bit, even found another geocache along the way (for those who don't know geocaching is a worldwide tresure hunt based on a gps system - more exciting than this sounds)!  We made a quick visit to the MGM hotel as that's where we stayed last time, even popped into a shop where we bought our pink dice and green gambling chips for our UK wedding favours - they still have them in stock:-) 
 
A couple of  massive new hotels have been built on the strip since we were last here, very impressive considering The Shard at London Bridge seems to be taking forever - the Americans would have that baby built in six months!  We returned to our hotel for dinner, Oli asked me what I fancied having and I said "noodles", we looked at the restaurants list in our hotel and there it was, a restaurant called "Noodles" - talk about faith! 

2 days in this room and I only just discovered the curtains are automatic by a switch, Oli caught me tugging away at them manually - dumb blonde moment one, second moment was when I asked Oli to call the front desk as the lead on the hairdryer was way to short....they politely told us that the lead is extendable and pulls out from within the hairdryer itself - technology today eh! 
My family are off on holiday today to Greece for two weeks, strange to know they are not at home and seem even further away....I guess I like the idea of them being at "home", makes me feel safe in some way.  Not sure they will have internet access but if you're reading this big sis/mum/dad/Paul/Alfie and Daisy-Lou have a fab trip and I miss you all.  Okay nostalgia over with!
We plan on popping to the fab pool again tomorrow and then in the evening making our way to Caesar's Palace for dinner and a looky looky around.  I mean, when in Rome...
I only got a grade C in English so I have no idea if my blogs are coherent - I am prone to rambling!  I can see by the blog stats that people all over the world (including Malaysia, India, Denmark and Germany!) have been reading our blog - I have no idea why, but you're very welcome!  We're assuming that the followers in France are Oli's dad (hello John and Jules!), those in Norway are Marta/Marcus (hi guys!) and those in Canada are Oli's sister (hey Suzie!).  Anyone, feel free to let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to blog about - questions/suggestions welcome! 
Lulu's burger count so far, burgers 2, salads 3 - yesss!  
J&O

No comments:

Post a Comment