Monday 20 June 2011

Day 27 - Lovely, lovely!

This is the first night I can’t be bov to write my blog…no idea why as it’s been a lovely day and just come home from lovely dinner…all lovely just nothing inspiring I guess?? 

I’ll keep it short and sweet (just like myself, ha ha ha) tonight then, morning spent round lovely pool with waterfall, lovely salad for lunch, around 2:30 we went exploring around the area.  

Our lovely hotel is situated on the lovely Marina, there are loads of posh yachts and also, interestingly, the “African Queen” boat is there.  This is the boat used in the film of the same title starring Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn which Bogart won his only Oscar for!

Keeping with that theme we had lunch today in Bogies!  

We took a few snaps around the Marina and then stopped for a milkshake (seriously we’re such kids).  After that we headed back to our room early so we could…..put on a wash!  Sometimes we have to do the boring practical stuff, a necessity, after all we can’t do without clean pants and knickers for the next two months!

We showered, changed and headed to The Key Largo Conch House for dinner, the massive sign outside said “as featured on the Food Network” – no idea what that means but we gave it a go.  We didn’t go for conch this time (this is the shellfish which lives inside of those beautiful spiral/cone shells) as we had it as fritters a couple of days ago and they were yummy.  

I went for the chicken stuffed with spinach, red peppers and mozzarella, Oli had yellowtail fish.  All totally delish but couldn't help feeling guilty when I had a bite of Oli’s fish and on the wall TV it was showing an underwater reef – possibly not the best thing to show on the TV when they are serving fish, don’t want the customers to be put off when they think they’re eating Nemo!!

Been a really nice day but think I’m getting itchy feet (not the kind you can solve with a cream), I usually love to sunbathe for, like, two weeks straight but want to get back doing stuff again.  Oli reckons we should have one more night here tomorrow and then drive back to Miami so we’ll sleep on it and decide in the morning - how lovely!

J&O

Ps Thing that tickled me - on the menu was Dolphin, Oli in his frightfully English accent said to the waitress “isn’t this illegal” to which she replied “sir that’s another  name for the Mahi Mahi fish, of course we don’t sell Dolphin”!!

PPs. The thing that tickled Oli today was when he asked me what I was thinking about while sunbathing today, I turned to him earnestly and said with a narrowed brow, "well I think about this a lot, imagine if big animals like giraffes and elephants were small like mice or puppies and if things like cockroaches and rats were big" - I'm well deep haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment