Tuesday 21 June 2011

Day 28 - Fish with a side of fish and fish sauce please!

This morning was the first morning I woke up and didn't know where I was, as it slowly dawned on me, a smile crept over my face.  I snuggled back into the sheets with a happy sigh.  If I was feeling slightly homesick yesterday my dreams took me back to the UK with friends and family and possibly could have been the imaginary hug I needed from home to get me back on track here.  We've been here 4 weeks tomorrow and every now and then I need to pinch myself as a reminder of how lucky we are to be here and I can't spend time wishing to be back home, as before we know it another two months will have passed, and I'll be wishing that I was back here!

With all this in mind we made our way to the pool as we decided to spend one more day on Key Largo.  

We're still planning on going to Miami tomorrow but as we'd been there already last week we though we were more likely to visit Miami in the future than the Keys so we may never be back here again (although we really enjoyed Key West, not saying that the other Key islands aren't lovely, they all have their own charm, but in my opinion Key West was the most entertaining island - I'd recommend it to anyone).

Oli finished yet another of his books, I'm still on my first...I guess I'm a sunbather who occasionally reads around the pool and Oli is a reader who occasionally sunbathes around the pool:-)  Feeling more settled today I didn't notice the time passing, we were in and out of the pool all day and before we knew it it was 5pm.  As we're checking out tomorrow and want an earlyish start in the morning it would be good to have earlyish night.  

We showered and changed for dinner at around 7pm and went to The Fish House, a place known for, yes you've guessed it, fish! 

A fun place with fairy lights in the shape of boats and lighthouses, wood cladded walls which were filled with appropriate attire.  

I had the Mahi Mahi with rice and it didn't disappoint.  Oli went for the Grouper fish which he also enjoyed - so much good food on the Keys I can't even remember what a burger looks like:-)

Looking forward to hitting the road again tomorrow and making our way back into Miami, we sadly will say goodbye to our rental car "The Beast" on Friday and will pick up our RV/Winnebago Sat morning which will our home for the next two months - exciting times ahead!

J&O

No comments:

Post a Comment